Skip to main content

Surely, CUNY Can Do Better!


When CUNY announced that the key note for one of their commencement ceremonies would be none other than Linda  Sarsour, patriotic “woke” Americans started talking about it. For those who are unaware of Sarsour, she promotes sharia law and claims to be an advocate for blacks, women and immigrants. However, she has also posted several tweets jealously attacking Ayaan Hirsi Ali, a black, immigrant woman. 

Sarsour has used Twitter to promote the virtues of Sharia to the American public. On May 13, 2015, she tweeted, “You’ll know when you’re living under Sharia Law if suddenly all your loans & credit cards become interest free. Sound nice, doesn’t it?” In November of 2014, she used Saudi Arabia’s three months paid maternity leave as a selling point for Sharia. However in early 2015, she tweeted, “FYI - mandated head covering for Muslim women in Saudi Arabia is the LEAST of their worries. Stop making it THE ISSUE. It’s not.” So, she also has some problems with being consistent.

One black immigrant, Ayaan Hirsi Ali, has stoked the coals within Sarsour. Sarsour who is lacking even a bachelor’s degree, has shown unrestrained jealousy and anger towards Ayaan. The Somali-born Ali speaks 6 languages, has a degree, has served in Dutch parliament, and truly advocates for women’s rights. In one infamous tweet from March of 2011, Sarsour tweeted out that Ali, and Lebanese-born Brigitte Gabriel should get a whippin’ and have their vaginas taken away. In 2012, she was expressing #MuslimRage at Ayaan, though she claimed she pitied her. In another tweet on the same day, she expressed more #MuslimRage that Ali had front page covers, which Sarsour did not have at the time. The religious Muslim community does not endorse Ali, who does not wear a hijab. Sarsour partnered with the Council for American Islamic Relations (CAIR) in order to discredit Ali.

Sarsour actively promotes Sharia law, lacks the accomplishments standard for keynote speakers, and throws hateful tantrums in public online spaces. These points have been clearly supported here. Furthermore, these are not actually the only reasons why she is wrong to keynote a commencement. The community has actively attempted to reason with CUNY about these sorts of issues. They refused to listen, so activist Pamela Geller organized a permitted, peaceful rally where five speakers, plus Ms. Geller spoke outside of CUNY headquarters.

Credit to a guy named Lalo for putting the old tweets up on his Facebook.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Youtube channels-from moderate left to far and alt right

This is, as the post title states, a list of youtubers that right wingers watch. I don't think anyone else has made a list, so I did. There are a small number of moderate left wingers' channels that are included because they cover moderate left to moderate right issues. I'm adding some notes based on what I know. I'm happy to add to this list just leave a comment or Gab me .  Just a note that I include notes if someone is black or Hispanic because someone scanning the list for someone to check out may want to check someone out based on that, such as a black person who may want to check out other black people who are youtubing.  I recently had a black friend who didn't believe me that there were black conservatives, so I pointed him at some of the youtubers I watch. *before a listing means that it's a creator I recommend, for those who are just getting started and want to only select a few creators to follow, like my channel . Groups *Acts17apologetics  ...

Obama's "accomplishments"

I saw this on FB. I know some are true because I remember them being in the papers. Disclaimer some might not be, if so, let me know in the comments. A LIST OF OBAMA’S ACCOMPLISHMENTS AS THE FIRST BLACK PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES: First President to apply for college aid as a foreign student, then deny he was a foreigner. First President to have a social security number from a state he has never lived in. First President to preside over a cut to the credit-rating of the United States. First President to violate the War Powers Act. First President to be held in contempt of court for illegally obstructing oil drilling in the Gulf of Mexico. First President to require all Americans to purchase a product from a third party. First President to spend a trillion dollars on “shovel-ready” jobs when there was no such thing as “shovel-ready” jobs. First President to abrogate bankruptcy law to turn over control of companies to his union supporters. First President to by-pass Congress and ...

The 3 Sections Of The Political Right Wing

When I first heard the term "Alt-Right" and googled it, what I found talked about being it a new right wing movement, younger and less religious than the previous right wingers, as well as being more online and fans of Donald Trump. I thought, "that's me!" However as time progressed I realized that was not an accurate description of the alt-right and that I am not on the alt-right. There is so much confusion as to whom should be called alt-right. This confusion not only comes from the leftwing lamestream media, but even exists on the right. This blog post describes the right wing divided into 3 unequal sections, with names and explanations of their similarities and differences. I came to find out there is actually a website called alt-right. I took a look at it. The articles were ok, but the comments sections of those articles screamed out that this was not an online space for me. The most glaring issue was that the commenters there don't like Jews and ar...